I love finding healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Today I messed around with a couple recipes and made 2 different versions of chocolate chip banana muffins! These ones turned out perfectly! They are basically guilt free so when I eat all 12 I won’t feel so bad.
- 1 Cup Natural Organic Almond Butter (any nut bitter works)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- .5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, blueberries or dried fruit of choice (optional mix-ins)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with papers & spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients (except optional ingredients) until smooth.Fill muffin cups about ¾ full
- Top with optional ingredients
- Bake for 13-16 minutes at 350. They should be firm and lightly golden.
- Cool for 15 mins before removing them from the pan
- Serve or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.