These amazing cookies are a great low calorie snack, dessert or quick breakfast on the go!!
Gluten Free Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are not only delicious but they use maple syrup so you get to curb that sweet tooth without all that nasty sugar!
Author: The Flighty Life
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 cup gluten free instant oats (I used Bobs Red Mill)
- ¾ cup gluten free flour (I used Pillsbury Gluten Free Baking flour)
- 1 ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (room temperature)
- ¼ cup almond milk (room temperature)
- ¼ cup raisins or chocolate chips or whatever you want to mix in
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup and milk.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Gently fold in whatever you choose to mix in.
- Drop the cookie dough into 12-15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to the desired thickness and width with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
If you are doing the 21 Day Fix meal Plan this is 1 yellow 💛 and 1 tsp.